New to Asynchronous Circuits and Systems?
| Our (Selected) Publications
| Our (Selected) Tutorial Presentations
Also see individual project pages for publications, and our Technical Report Series
- Newcastle's Research in Asynchronous - Hardware Design and Petri Nets.
- Asynchronous Logic: Background - Manchester University, UK.
- "An Introduction to Asynchronous Circuit Design," A. Davis and S.M. Nowick. Technical Report UUCS-97-013, Computer Science Department, University of Utah, Sep. 1997. [ps] [pdf].
- "Scanning the Technology: Applications of Asynchronous Circuits," C.H. Van Berkel, M.B. Josephs, and S.M. Nowick. Proceedings of the IEEE, Volume 87, Issue 2, Feb. 1999, pages 223-233. [ps] [pdf].
- Introductions to Petri Nets - at Petri Nets World, Daimi.
Our (Selected) Publications
- J. Cortadella, M. Kishinevsky, A. Kondratyev, L. Lavagno and A. Yakovlev, "Logic Synthesis of Asynchronous Controllers and Interfaces", Springer Series in Advanced Microelectronics, vol. 8, Springer, 2002, ISBN 3-540-43152-7
- J. Cortadella, A. Yakovlev and G. Rozenberg, editors. "Concurrency and Hardware Design", Springer-Verlag, LNCS 2549, 2002, ISBN 3-540-00199-9
- A.V. Yakovlev and A.M. Koelmans. "Petri nets and Digital Hardware Design" Lectures on Petri Nets II: Applications. Advances in Petri Nets, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1492, Springer-Verlag, 1998, pp. 154-236.
- L. Lloyd, K. Heron, A. Yakovlev, and A.M. Koelmans. "Asynchronous microprocessors: from high level model to FPGA implementation". Journal of Systems Architecture vol. 45 (1999), pp. 975-1000, Elsevier.
- A. Semenov, A.M. Koelmans, L. Lloyd and A. Yakovlev. "Designing an asynchronous processor using Petri nets", IEEE Micro, Vol. 17, No. 2 (March/April 1997), pp. 54-64.
- A. Yakovlev, A.M. Koelmans, A. Semenov and D.J.Kinniment, "Modelling, Analysis and Synthesis of Asynchronous Control Circuits Using Petri Nets", INTEGRATION: the VLSI Journal, Vol. 21 (1996), pp. 143-170.
- A. Yakovlev, L. Lavagno, A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, "A unified signal transition graph model for asynchronous control circuit synthesis". Formal Methods in System Design (Kluwer), Vol. 9, No. 3, Nov. 1996, pp. 139-188.
- Fei Xia, Alex V. Yakovlev, Ian G. Clark, Delong Shang. "Asynchronous communication mechanisms: classification and hardware implementations", MPCS'02, Fourth International Conference on Massively Parallel Computer Systems, sponsored by Euromicro, 10-12 April 2002, Ischia, Italy. [postscript gzip'd (101KB)].
- A. Yakovlev, F. Xia, I. Clark. "Hets: towards harmonising time and power in systems on chip", First ACiD-WG Workshop of the European Commission's Fifth Framework Programme, Neuchatel, Switzerland, 12-13 February, 2001. [Complete program, abstracts and slides].
- I.G. Clark, F. Xia, A. Yakovlev. "Modelling and analysis of asynchronous communication mechanisms", First ACiD-WG Workshop of the European Commission's Fifth Framework Programme, Neuchatel, Switzerland, 12-13 February, 2001. [Complete program, abstracts and slides].
- I.G. Clark. "A unified approach to the study of asynchronous communcation mechanisms in real time systems", Ph.D. Thesis, London University, King's College, May 2000. [postscript gzip'd (744KB)].
- A. C. Davies. "Dynamic properties of a multiway arbiter", ISCAS 2000, IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp III 221-224, May 2000, Geneva, Switzerland. [pdf gzip'd (71KB)].
- F. Xia. "Supporting the MASCOT method with Petri net techniques for real-time systems development", Ph.D. Thesis, London University, King's College, January 2000. [postscript zip'd (654KB)].
- I.G.Clark, F.Xia, A.V.Yakovlev, A.C.Davies. "Petri net models of latch metastability", IEE Electronics Letters, Vol. 34, No. 7, pp. 635--636, April 1998. (Electronics Letters Online Number 19980502).
Our (Selected) Tutorial Presentations
- A. Yakovlev. "Is the Die Cast for the Token Game?", Invited paper, Proc. of 23rd International Conference on Application and Theory of Petri Nets (ICATPN 2002), University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia, 24-28 June 2002. 27th June 9-10.00am. LNCS 2360, pp70-79, Springer Verlag. [Abstract]. [PowerPoint Slides gzip'd (1MB)].
- J. Cortadella, J. Garside and A. Yakovlev. "Logic Design of Asynchronous Circuits", ASPDAC/VLSI Design 2002, Bangalore, Jan. 2002. [zip file].
- J. Cortadella, L. Lavagno, A. Yakovlev. "Hardware Design and Petri nets", Advanced Tutorial on Hardware Design and Petri Nets, 21st Int. Conf. App. Theory of Petri Nets, Aarhus, Denmark, June 2000. [pdf].
Last modified 16/01/2015 by IGC